Wednesday, March 28, 2012

crepes using whey - a recipe


This is breakfast.  Some days it just all comes together and I can get a great meal on the table in a hurry.  And other days I have to start the night before!!  This is one of those days!!

I made the ricotta cheese early in the evening and then used the drained whey to make the crepes.  I turned the last crepe out at a little after midnight!  I did do plenty of other things during that time, like putting the same child back to bed about 10 times!!

Ingredients
1.5cups whey or buttermilk or milk
4Tb rice bran oil
6 eggs
1.5cups plain flour

Whisk ingredients in large bowl, in order, until smooth.
Set aside for at least one hour.
Grease a crepe pan over med/low heat.
Pour 1/4 cup of mixture in and tip to spread thin.
Cook until set on top.
Flip and cook until golden.
Stack and repeat.

Serve rolled with fresh ricotta and homemade raspberry jam.

I made the stack of crepes the night before and then warmed and rolled them for breakfast. 
It is a much better way of serving crepes to a crowd. 
Whether your are 2, 4, 5, 7 or 30 something, nobody is happy waiting for their first crepe for breakfast!

What is your favorite cooked breakfast?


Sharing at

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum, I love crepes, and these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were Debbie!! And such a good use of whey. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!